After a week of celebrating our 1-year Birthday, the trio is back with a look at working remotely- that is, embracing the home office and still working on things that exist within the traditional business sense. It takes skill, focus, and self-motivation, but it can be a wonderful reprieve from the traditional office, especially when replacing your coworkers isn’t a viable option.
If you’ve been a long time listener, you might recall episode 7, where we discussed TV consumption and streaming TV. Now, in 315-day-old follow-up, Chase has cancelled SlingTV and Ian is testing out the recently released YouTube TV. The question is, outside of sports, does anybody watch anything live? And is the TV (as in the panel on your wall or entertainment center) becoming a relic of the past?
- Interface Episode 7: Push Button, Receive TV
- YouTube TV review: The cord-cutter’s dream is still a long way away
- YouTube TV needs more channels, but it gets the basics right
- What DirecTV Now means for the future of TV
- The Future of TV isn’t apps | TechCrunch
- How Millennials Consume TV Depends on Which Stage of Life They’re In – Adweek
- YouTube Is Crushing Cable TV, According To Google | The Huffington Post
- CivicScience | Gen Z Is All About Streaming
Andrew borked the recording this week, so now you have to hear his crappo Skype version. Ian is happy, though, because it means less editing for him.
Andrew and his wife just bought a house, but now they have some renovations they’d like to do. The problem is, Andrew doesn’t have a large tool collection, and he’s not entirely sure where to start.
Okay, Google, turn off the lights. Here’s what I found for “turn off the lights.” Hot, single electricians in your area! Only ten dollars a minute. Call now! Did you want new lightbulbs? Your preferences indicate a desire for the maximum possible savings. Placing an order for 50,000 lightbulbs to save you one half a cent per bulb compared to a five-pack. Users who bought lightbulbs also bought 30,000 feet of knob-and-tube wiring. Did you know that 13% of structural fires in the United States are electrical in nature? You have three calendar events today. And today is the premiere in theatres of Grown Ups 3. Based on your viewing habits, I purchased tickets for the entire theatre.
- 🎶BEAUTY AND THE BEAST even if you don’t want it🎶
- Turns out the police want to get access to all the Amazon Echo recordings that Amazon claims they don’t have
- I can’t resist linking to this Disney MagicBand story as often as possible
- Target let a girl’s dad know she was pregnant before she did
- Drop The The
- The New York Times is the best at reporting. Very few people would claim otherwise. Just liars would! Sad and pathetic. They have the strongest — the best in the world — subscriber numbers. Strong & amazing!
- Really Bad Chess (is good)
- Overcast’s subscription model
- Millenials don’t click on ads OMG
- Ian figured out how to make Amazon stop targeting you with ads
- Yo waddap apparently Gorillaz leaked shit